Temptation

Temptation
Baffling, cunning and confusing addictive thinking ruins lives.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Zorba the Greek lived "the full catastrophe".



Zorba:
If a woman sleeps alone, it puts a shame on all men.




Alexis Zorba:
Damn it boss, I like you too much not to say it. You've got everything except one thing: madness! A man needs a little madness, or else...
Basil: Or else?
Alexis Zorba: ...he never dares cut the rope and be free.



Basil: I don't want any trouble.
Alexis Zorba: Life is trouble. Only death is not. To be alive is to undo your belt and *look* for trouble.




Alexis Zorba: On a deaf man's door, you can knock forever!




Alexis Zorba: Why do the young die? Why does anybody die?
Basil: I don't know.
Alexis Zorba: What's the use of all your damn books if they can't answer that?
Basil: They tell me about the agony of men who can't answer questions like yours.
Alexis Zorba: I spit on this agony!




Alexis Zorba: All right, we go outside where God can see us better.




Alexis Zorba: God has a very big heart but there is one sin he will not forgive___  [slaps table] __ if a woman calls a man to her bed and he will not go.  I know because a very wise old Turk told me.




Alexis Zorba: Am I not a man? And is a man not stupid? I'm a man, so I married. Wife, children, house,everything. The full catastrophe.




Jon Kabat-Zinn named his first book on Mindfulness after the line in Zorba:


"Full Catastrophe Living"