Temptation

Temptation
Baffling, cunning and confusing addictive thinking ruins lives.

Friday, July 30, 2010

Welcome Home Addiction Recovery

This treatment organization has a founder named John Volken who is a well-known and successful businessman in Canada.  He promises lots of help and asks people in the program to make the following vow:

I Promise 

My life was out of control. My addiction was controlling me.
I had the choice to continue on my path of self-destruction
or change and rebuild my life. I chose to change.
Welcome Home provides all the tools I need to change
and my brothers and I help each other in this struggle. 

However
I MUST AND DO TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY RECOVERY.
I am changing my attitude
I am changing my behavior
I am changing my values
I am changing my life
The power to succeed lies within me.
I will graduate from the Welcome Home Program
and be the best person I can be
for myself, for my family, and for my community.

This I promise!

This daily expression of commitment seems to contain many of the attitudes that will help a person gain lie-long sobriety.